Today is March 21, 2009.
Today is the second to last day of spring break. In some ways I'm thankful, because I'm really psyched to see my friends again, but I'm more loathful of going back. I really don't feel like going back to the couples and stuff, and I don't feel like going back and talking about who's taking who to JSR and I REALLY don't feel like getting nailed by mom about seeing if somebody is going to take me to JSR. Its kind of like she's obsessed with me to get over Mike and start liking somebody else. I'm half tempted to just tell her that I like somebody else to get her off my back a little.
But I'm trying to think as little as I can about relationships and stuff, even though for a teenage girl its a little overwhelming. But you know, guys can't rule my life forever, I've gotta get over that hump a little and think about more important things. I'm pretty settled on going to Southwestern for school in the fall, which puts me a little at ease. Thats one less thing I have to worry about. Right now my big concern is getting a job. I just found out that I might get a job as a babysitter/nanny for a lady this summer, but that's "might". So I guess we'll see. I also looked into working at the Berks County Heritage Center as maintenance. I could work on my tan that way, I guess. I just hope something works out.
I've gotta figure out some plans for tonight though. Its my last totally free Saturday night for a long time - it's gotta be good. We're going to a memorial service for a woman that died from Gettysburg church. Its not that I'm loathing going to a memorial service, but I guess I'm just not a huge fan of going to visits at Gettysburg. It's just because Hamburg is really my hometown, and Gettysburg is everybody else's hometown, so I don't know that many people and I feel really out of place there. So I'm hoping dad will get some of his talking out tonight when he goes down to practice with Christy and maybe we won't have to be there forever. Its not that I'm trying to be selfish or spoil anybody elses time, its just Gettysburg doesn't really hold lots of memories and nostalgia for me.
Anyway, I'm still very obsessed with 24, and Kiefer Sutherland. Gosh he's hot. Listening to a lot of old school stuff, like Aerosmith. Finally finished Tamar, by Mal Peet. Really really good book. Its about two guys that go into Holland undercover during World War 2. It's also about a young girl, Tamar, whos grandfather leaves her a box filled with puzzle "pieces". Peet pulled two storylines together very nicely, but its not really one of those where you feel good or settled at the end. Ends aren't really tied up nice and pretty. But that's the kind of thing I like. Because in real life, ends aren't always tied up and amends aren't always made.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment